Mindful Art Club are looking forward to returning to our old venue, The Brook Inn, Longbrook Street in Plympton, as of 10am on Thursday 17th September.
The new six person rules – which come into force on 14th September – are a change to England’s current guidance. But regular Brook Inn customers will know that landlord John Govier, and his team, have been following all the government guidelines since they re-opened, so this won’t make any difference to how they operate, when it comes in to force from Monday.
At-a-glance: How do the new rules affect mindful art classes?
- Social gatherings of more than six people in England will not be allowed in law from Monday 14 September.
- The new rule applies to pubs, cafes and public outdoor spaces.
- However, gatherings can be more than six if it is for education purposes.
- Support groups can take place in gatherings of any number if the support group is organised by a business or a benevolent institution to provide mutual aid.
- Our mindful art classes at The Sunflower Women’s Centre will be run in groups of six, and booking for these is essential. (Phone 01752 977614 to go on the waiting list.)
- Pubs and restaurants are still allowed to have more than six customers inside, but the groups of six have to be socially distant from each other.
- Mindful art club tends to be around six to eight people. There is plenty of space for us to all sit on separate tables, safely distanced from one another.
- The Brook Inn follows all safety and hygiene measures set out by the government, and always has done since reopening in July.
For Your Peace of Mind
At The Brook Inn and The Sunflower Women’s Centre we check temperatures on arrival, and take client details for track and trace. Paper and felt tip pens are provided, but you can also bring your own felt tip pens to reduce the risks of sharing pens.
If you have any questions or concerns about coming to Mindful Art Club during the current pandemic crisis please contact us.
You may also like to try a free, online class .
Mindful Art Club will be at The Brook Inn every Thursday from 10 am until 11.30am.