So much has happened to us this month, dear reader, that I thought I’d just give you a visual collage of the highlights of our first official month in business.
- We created and signed a Small Charity Constitution, which makes Mindful Art Club a legal organisation that can accept charitable contributions, and eventually it will pay it’s staff! (Peggy and Emma).
- We made bunting to celebrate the launch of our business.
- We started to ask people how the art club has helped them, so that we can gather evidence to get charitable funding.
- We started a regular art group at The Harbour Centre, thanks to National Lottery funding.
- We were interviewed on BBC Radio and Ferndale Community Radio
- We were featured in The Plymouth Chronicle
- Peggy passed her exam and received a Certificate in Counselling Level 2
- We made gratitude hearts on Valentines Day
- We made origami bookmarks and greeting cards
- We tried Qi Gong as a kind of moving mindfulness exercise; the group at The Brook quite enjoyed this.
- We visited a farm in Cornwall to plan a Mindful Art Retreat for this summer.
That is a lot of happenings in one month! What sort of adventures will happen to us in March 2020? Leave us a comment below if you have any suggestions of what you would like to see next at Mindful Art Club.