Last week Emma and Peggy held a Mindful Art Club committee meeting with two of their volunteers, (in Peggy’s backyard!) and made a note of all the things we have managed to achieve since our last committee meeting, in January 2020.
- We set up weekly Zoom meetings and hosted them throughout the coronavirus lockdown, and beyond.
- We held a staff wellbeing session on Zoom for ColebrookSW support services.
- Peggy’s counselling course was moved onto Zoom. She continued to attend classes, and gained her Level 3 qualification.
- We wrote a Mindful Art Activities eBook, to go on sale next month.
- We wrote an 8-week Mindful Art Wellbeing Course, which we will be testing out with a small group during September.
- Our volunteer, Lee, has learned to play the tongue drum, providing relaxing sounds at our outdoor mindfulness groups.
- We hosted four, small, socially-distant, outdoor, one-day retreats.
- After lockdown eased, we started a weekly art group at The Sunflower Women’s Centre, in their beautiful, outside courtyard.
- We have held small, weekly outdoor groups in Plympton all summer.
- Our loyal clients have continued to support us throughout this pandemic by turning up to our online groups, and outdoor groups, and contributing donations to our running costs.
How to Celebrate When We Can’t Even Have a Party
We are so grateful that we have been able to do all of these things, and keep mindful art club going, despite the global pandemic. On 10th September it will be one year since we held our first mindful art group at The Brook Inn, Plympton. We’d love to hold a big event to celebrate, but we’ll have to be content with a small, outdoor meal to celebrate Mindful Art Club’s first anniversary.
We will be able to celebrate in a virtual way at our online art group on 15th September, and we would like to reward our loyal clients with a small gift, which will be sent out to our mailing list on our ‘birthday’, 10th September.
Get on the list!
Don’t miss out, join our mailing list here, and get free mindful colouring pages, and news about our upcoming free and low-cost events.