We recently offered a six week course at Plympton Guildhall, called ‘Doodle Your Recovery’ – thanks to funding from Devon Recovery Learning Community.
Initial feedback indicates that one hundred percent of the participants enjoyed the course. When asked what they had learned on the course people wrote:
- To relax and just let creativity flow
- To breathe better
- To give time to myself
- How to think of myself as well as others
- To not dwell on problems so much
- To express feelings through art
- That I am not alone and it’s OK to feel how I feel
Some suggestions to make the course better included:
- Maybe more meditation
- Qi Gong
- Name badges
- Increase it to two hours, with a break
One hundred percent of survey respondents said they would recommend the course to other people.
If you would like to try using creativity to improve your mental health we will be at The Brook Inn, 33 Longbrook Street, Plympton, PL7 1NJ from Thursday 3rd March 2022.